President Kerry Jones mentioned that 337 tickets have been sold for the Dream and the
Rotary Club of Bundoora will run a BBQ.
The Mental Health Forum has been postponed but will run before the end of this Rotary year.
Secretary Eileen Gatt. Correspondence Nil- except email about the Best ever Easter egg
hunt in Albury 18th March Treasurer: Greg Adams has nearly processed all the GST.
A lot of money has been raised so far from “The Dream” ticket sales.
Town Fair Coordinator: There will be a Town Fair meeting at Mc Donald’s 7pm next
Monday. A theme is needed, and Job portfolios need to be accepted for the year.
Conference Chair: Bev Baker asked members if they have not already registered then
Chair: President Kerry Jones
1.Request for funding from Paula Hay for a contribution to the flights and accommodation for
their daughters, Chloe and Brooke, to attend Youth Olympics Trial and the Australian National
Squad Camp for Rhythmic Gymnastics. Secretary Eileen Gatt will write a letter expressing the
club’s view that we only sponsor Community Groups and Communities.
2.RYPEN - 16th - 18th March The club agreed to financially support the cost of five students from Diamond Valley College going to RYPEN. The Venue is another issue which will be discussed with Linda Gidlund at another time.
3. Request for funding by the Wattle Glen Primary School for Play Equipment The club agreed to fund to a total of $5000. PDG Rob Lloyd moved the motion and PP Steve Crosling seconded it and the club members then carried the motion. Arthur Lewin will present the treasurer with a Request for Funding form.
4. The format of the current Bulletin was discussed with the result that Emerald Leyden, Linda
Gidlund, Greg Adams, and Kerry Jones will work together to simplify it.
Coming Events: Next week Michael Manousakis who attended NYSF will speak about
Spark Engineering as well as Peter Gilbert who will talk about the Bequest Program and the
Million Dollar Dinner. Rob Lloyd will be the chair for the night.
1. Present. Kerry Jones. Eileen Gatt, John Gatt, Roger Knight, Arthur Lewin, Greg Adams.
Quorum established. Six out of nine Board Members were present.
2. Apologies: None received.
3. Minutes of the previous meeting. Moved: Arthur Lewin Seconded: John Gatt Motion Carried.
4.Business arising from previous meeting:
On Hold -Hurstbridge Primary School Request for Outdoor Classroom Funding; Principal will speak to the club
Run out of Poverty, from previous minutes request for assistance, more information.
CAV Registration of Club Rules Will be presented to Consumer Affairs Victoria soon.
5.Secretary’s Report As tabled
6.Treasurer’s Report Financials detailed as per Club Assembly.
7. Club Administration
8. Membership 4 Potential members. Membership forms will be left in the badge box.
9. Service Projects Committee Report
9.1 Community Services Request for funding from Paula Hay for a
contribution to the flights and accommodation for their daughters, Chloe and
Brooke, to attend Youth Olympics Trial and the Australian National Squad Camp for Rhythmic Gymnastics. Secretary Eileen will send a letter advising that the club only funds community Groups and Communities.
Wattle Glen Request for – New Play Space Funding- (Just received) to be presented to the club by Arthur Lewin. The Board approved the funding of $5000 Moved Arthur Lewin and Seconded PP Roger Knight and carried by the Board members present.
9.2 International Services Run Out of Poverty need a new Bus and Greg Adams will speak to the Rotary Club in the Philippines.
The Tender Foot school will be sending out student renewals soon.
9.3 Youth Services RYPEN - 16th - 18th March. The Board agrees to fund the cost of five students from Diamond Valley College to attend RYPEN
Moved Arthur Lewin and seconded PP Roger Knight and Carried by the Board
9.4 Vocational Services - Beau Matthews absent, and no report forwarded.
12. Town Fair Committee: PDG John Gatt reminded everyone about the meeting next week. He also advised that Roger Knight will be taking over the role of Coordinator next year with Linda Knight being secretary. John Gatt will assist Roger initially. An email from the Nillumbik Council was read out regarding time lines for Brochures, artwork and fireworks notices. The contents were discussed briefly.
13. Public Relations No report received Emerald Leyden absent.
14. Rotary Foundation PG John Gatt mentioned the next week’s speaker, Peter Gilbert
and his subject being the Bequest Society.
Date and Venue of next meeting 27th February
Meeting Closed 8.35 pm