Meeting of the 27/02/2018
1. Present. Kerry Jones, John Gatt, Eileen Gatt, Roger Knight, Arthur Lewin, Greg Adams
2. Apologies Emerald Leyden
3. Minutes of the previous meeting. Moved: Roger Knight Seconded: John Gatt
4.Business arising from previous meeting Nil
5.Secretary’s Report Correspondence as detailed
6.Treasurer’s Report As detailed: Moved Roger Knight Seconded John Gatt
7. Club Administration: CAV feedback on Submission of Club Rules. Credit Card details
have been given and the Rules will be paid for and registered within a month.
Secretary Eileen Gatt gives notice of resignation as Club Secretary for the year 2019-2020
8. Membership: Formal approval of Gary Hennessy for member Moved John Gatt
Seconded Arthur Lewin
9. Service Projects Committee Report
9.1 Community Services: Approval of the continuation of club funding for the local
schools’ leadership programs and an increase in their funding by 10% to $16,500.
Moved John Gatt Seconded Roger Knight
9.2 International Services: Shelterbox purchase to be approval by the board
Moved Roger Knight Seconded Eileen Gatt
Request for Payment submitted.
9.3 Youth Services Report as detailed:
• Interact will arrange for books to be picked up by DIK in the next couple weeks
• 2 Interactors have applied to attend RYPEN 9800, expecting 2 others, April dates are Friday to Sunday, 27, 28 & 29. A discount applies if the administration is completed on time.
• Expecting 2 students to apply for RYPEN 9790; March Friday to Sunday, 16, 17 & 18, 2018.
• The 9790 RYPEN students will have to come sooner as that RYPEN is held the week before
• The students need transport to and from both RYPEN Camps. Please look at your
commitments and help with transport.
• Linda provided the Panton Hill Primary School parent with a RotaKids Handbook. The
parent took the document to School Council on Monday, 19 February. The school is
keen to start a RotaKids club and a parent is enthusiastic about getting it started so it will go
ahead beginning Friday, 9 March. Membership will come from Years 4,5 & 6.
• 20 March, David Finlayson, DVC History teach will speak to us about a book he wrote and
published and the RYPEN students will come to introduce themselves.
• Diamond Valley Rotaract elected Alex Trakula President next year.Congratulations, Alex!
9.4 Vocational Services no report
10. Town Fair Committee: John and Eileen Gatt absent for April meeting
11. Public Relations No Report
12. Rotary Foundation No Report
13. General Business for Discussion
Request for Funding form needs review re; Presentations
Application for Membership needs review re: Working with Children Check
Date and Venue of next meeting 27th March 2018 at Platters Café and Bar
Meeting Closed 8.15pm